Friday, August 21, 2009

to create

The closer I move to my Savior, the more I feel inclined to write. Anything. At all. I want to create. As women it seems to be a crucial part of our role. I believe both the ability and the desire to create come from God. What a wonderful blessing for the women He created himself. (Elder Uchtdorf spoke about this). Thus, to truly be like God, don't we too need to create? Anything. Music. Flowers. Food. Dancing. Cleanliness. Life. Beauty. Love. Happiness. Music. The written and spoken word.

Indeed He is a creative being. So when I feel close to Him, I feel inspired. The ideas flow. Often, when my pen touches paper, what comes out surprises me. It is not what I was thinking about or intending. It seems to be the true, honest and spontaneous feelings that are within me which often, I had not yet acknowledged. Boom. The truth revealed, in so many aspects.

No comments:

Post a Comment